Become a Member
Connect, Inspire, and Lead
- Access to career development and programs at reduced member rates. Programs include regional, national and international events designed to provide women in the aerospace and aviation industry with the skills and resources needed to assume greater and more visible roles within the industry and to serve as role models for other women seeking advancement and growth in the industry.
- Opportunities to Build an International Network via programs that bring women together, both nationally and internationally, opening doors to an array of opportunities.
- Leadership Development through IAWA committees and affiliations. There are ample opportunities for members to develop and exercise leadership skills. Advocacy to promote women in the aerospace and aviation industry. For example, Soaring through the Glass Ceiling.
- Philanthropic Outreach through Scholarships. IAWA awards scholarships to young women pursuing degrees/certificates in aerospace and aviation related careers.
- Continued Learning with the IAWA website, president’s letter and a variety of webcasts. IAWA provides a forum for the exchange of information and presentation of articles about women in aerospace and aviation and to share views on matters of importance to the industry and to women in general.
Together we build a legacy
IAWA empowers female leaders in the aviation and aerospace industries.
IAWA has been bringing together accomplished women in all fields of aviation and aerospace for 30 years. Through Conferences, Forums, Connects and affiliations the organization foster professional and personal relationships that last a lifetime. And through our scholarships and mentoring program, we build a legacy. IAWA would not be where it is today without the continued support of our members through annual dues and sponsorship of our conferences and other events. Be a part of building our legacy and Connect, Inspire and Lead.
IAWA offers an opportunity for men to participate as an Advocate. An Advocate is a man, or a person who identifies as male, who otherwise meets the requirements of membership in any other category.
How long will my application take to be accepted? Applications are reviewed on a timely basis twice per month. You will receive notice no later that 30 days from your submission.
What is IAWA's membership year? Membership in IAWA runs from January 1 through December 31. Members who join from January 1 through September 30 will be asked to renew by December 31 for the next fiscal year. Members who join from October 1 on will be in good standing through December 31 of the following year.
I used to be a member, but forgot to renew. How do I renew? If your IAWA membership has lapsed over a year, your membership may have been terminated and you'll be unable to renew directly by logging in. Please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (856) 599-8100 to receive a new direct link.
Can I participate on an IAWA Committee if I am not a member? Yes, if you're not elibigle for IAWA membership but are interested in participating as a committee member you are welcome to do so. Visit the committee webpage to learn more and sign-up for the committee(s) that interest you.
Can I attend events if I am not a member? Yes, our in-person and virtual events are open to all. Members may receive a discount to certain events and the Annual Conference.
If you have any further questions, please contact IAWA directly at email@example.com or at (856) 599-8100
View more member testimonials
Every year, if I am able, I attend IAWA's Annual Conference. It gives me a professional boost to be surrounded by so many women who have had a similar professional trajectory in an industry we all love. In the years that I am not able to attend, I notice a decrease in my overall motivation to stay on course.